Monday, March 7, 2011

Getting Started on Sunset Valley

Why am I doing a new blog when I have Apple Grove?  I don't know... I guess it bugs me a bit that I have Sims 3, but never play it.  My son just started playing, and now I really want to play too.  And, when I play, I always want to blog it now - it's kind of a lot of work that way, but I love to tell the stories as much as playing them.  I also want to understand Sims 3 a little better, but I won't switch to Sims 3, I promise.  I love Apple Grove and The Sims 2 too much to give them up.  Also, I don't really plan on buying expansions or installing much custom content other than what I previously added when the game was fairly new.

Back when the game first came out, I tried starting a legacy on Sims 3, but got bored - and sad when spares would leave, never to be seen or heard from again.  I prefer the Prosperity Challenge style of play where you play each house for the same amount of time.  It's a lot more interesting than just one family.  Now that AwesomeMod allows story progression for Sims 3 like in Sims 2, I decided to try playing again - this time sticking with the families that come with the game.  I hardly ever play premade families on Sims 2, but it might be fun on Sims 3.

I don't know if there is an actual Prosperity Challenge for Sims 3, so this is not an official scored challenge.  I just plan to play all the families equally in rotation without cheating while trying to fulfill some of their wishes and learning and following their backstories.  Since there are so many families, each family will be played for only one day.  To make it easier for me, I'm going to play the families in alphabetical order.  I'm using this awesome page on The Sims Wiki for a reference.

Hopefully, my first post will be tomorrow.  I started with the Altos today, and I'm really excited about telling their story.

2 comments:

  1. So you are giving S3 a shot. :) Perhaps I will learn something from following this blog, but it probably won't make me change my mind. ;-) I'll stick to S2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, Nonikk. :) I never had a plan to buy TS3, but I received it as a gift from my son Jason. There are things I like about it, but I still prefer Sims 2. I think sometimes perfectionism makes me put off working on Apple Grove, so I think this is a nice break and a fun experiment that I'm not too overly attached to.

    ReplyDelete